How to incorporate a file system image when building eCos app

Hi all,

I did a bit of searching through the documentation and list archives,
but I haven't come across anything that addresses what I am trying to
do.

Presently, I am doing development of  a package on the Linux synthetic
target. Once I get things working fine there, I will build for my
target hardware. My package has a test program that requires loading
of data from two files. One file has data that will be processed and
afterward, it will be compared with the contents of the other for
verification.

My problem is that I don't know how to get my files into an
appropriate file system image and how to get it built into the eCos
image. If someone has a howto they can point me to or to some other
documentation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Mike