Re: Redboot GDB Stub

Hi Narinder,

Thank you for sharing. That is exactly what I need at the moment.

I am working with an ARM9 processor and the GDB remote debugging works
somewhat on the platform. I can "tar rem" to download the binary to
the target, set break proints, and run the binary by "continue".  It
will break, but from there on, I can not issue any GDB command.  The
error I got depending on the way I connected to the target.  If I
connected  via the TCP port 9000, I got "connection reset by the peer"
error message.
If I connected via the serial port, GDB would stuck in an infinite
loop and CPU usage became very high.

I can I debug it? Can you share some of your experience?
I know the hardware exception handling on the target is not set up
correctly on the target. For instance, bad memory alignment will not
raise an exception.

Thanks,