Re: Re: Development environment under Windows without cygwin?

> It looks like that there is no way beside linux, when I want to avoid
> cygwin.
> In principle, I have no aversions regarding linux, but I never worked with
> and I am a little afraid about additional effort.

Ubuntu is about as easy as it gets when it comes to diving into Linux.
You may want to stick with the Long Term Support (LTS) versions for
obvious reasons.

Once I started doing embedded development in Linux and realized how
much more power, versatility, productivity I had there, I started to
wonder why anyone would ever use Windows. I think you will find that
the effort you spend will pay huge dividends in the long run.

--
Mike