Re: Building for freescale_twr_k60n512 failing under Cygwin

Hi Mike

Michael Bergandi wrote:

> I am attempting to exercise the eCos port to the Freescale
> TWR-K60N512. However, I am currently unable to get it to even build
> under Cygwin. I have followed the same procedure under Ubuntu 10.04
> LTS and the build succeeds without issue. Unfortunately, for various
> reasons, I need this to work on a Windows machine under Cygwin.
>
> My current setup is:
> Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit
> Latest cygwin (1.7.10) with tcl-tk bin and src v8.5
> Current arm-eabi toolchain downloaded from an eCos mirror site
> eCos from CVS (pulled down today: 2/12/2012)
> ecosconfig binary from eCosCentric (I have also built my own, but same result)

Check that you are able to invoke arm-eabi-gcc directly from a Cygwin
bash prompt to compile a trivial C file. Missing packages in a Cygwin
installation can sometimes lead to silent failure of the compiler.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer
http://www.dallaway.org.uk/john