RE: porting ecos to a "new" hardavre.

For porting to the MPC8548, you can have a look at the port for the MPC8572 I committed some years ago, search eCos bugzilla for it. You can find a restructure  version of the patch here https://bitbucket.org/openetech/ecos. The patch is missing support for PCIe and SEC engine. For this device Freescale has removed the FPU and replaced it with the SPE which is not supported in the patch.

Christophe

-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org [mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Ilija Kocho
Sent: 6. mars 2012 19:04
To: Ferenc Cserepkei; ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] porting ecos to a "new" hardavre.

On 05.03.2012 18:14, Ferenc Cserepkei wrote:
>  Ilija,
> thats all? so if i set it in the ecosenv.sh its okay? I'm using ubuntu
> 11.04/10.04 desktop edition.

If you are calling ecosenv.sh to set environment yes.
The alternative would be to add PATH entry in .bashrc
For instance, provided that your new gcc is under /opt/ecos/gnutools/bin
PATH="${PATH}":/opt/ecos/gnutools/arm-eabi/bin:/opt/ecos/gnutools/bin:/opt/ecos/ecos-3.0/tools/bin
shall first look for new and if it fails it will use the old gcc.

> What futher cdls shall i write, I mean flash, DDR(2) sdram, ethernet,
> etc? Have Ecos got some support for MPC8548? What shall I add, which
> CDL shall I write? As I discovered ecos has some gcc 3.4.x by default
> and only MPC 860. What should I do to have the MPC8548 fully
> supported?

eCos 3.0 is relatively old code so I would recommend you to get the
latest code from CVS. Look here for instructions:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/anoncvs.html

However I'm afraid MPC8548 is not supported by eCos and there's a lot to
do. AFAIK eCos doesn't have architectural port for e500 core so get
prepared for serious work.

On the bright side. the eCos porting process is well documented:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/ecos-ref.html
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/cdl-guide/cdl-guide.html
Also I would recommend you the book
http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0130354732 by Anthony J.