Re: configtool for linux building problems.

Hi David

On 21/06/12 23:57, David Fernandez wrote:

> 1.- The link to wxGTK-2.8.8 sources in the above, or any other
> wxGTK-2.8.x sources are ok, but require a few tricks. After configuring,
> building, and installing, as indicated in the eCosCentric web page for
> configtool, while in the wxGTK build folder (not the sources one) do:
>     cd contrib/src/gizmos
>     make
>     sudo make install
> This should get the gizmos library and headers installed, which do not
> seem to install by default.

That is what I do to install gizmos.

> 2.- Edit the makefile.gnu in ecos/host/tools/configtool/standalone, and
> add to the line EXTRALDFLAGS, at the end, after leaving a space, -lX11

I have not found -lX11 to be necessary. The invocation of wx-config
within makefile.gnu should return all the flags necessary to link with
the X window system. Which Linux distro and version are you using? Can
you forward the link-time error you observe without this change
(including all the command-line arguments) please?

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer
http://www.dallaway.org.uk/john