Re: Re: How to create a GPIO driver

EnneGi,

I don't know at what step you have a problem, so let me describe how I made changes, and if you already know this part, please forgive.

I take a copy of the code from CVS and never change it. This is for reference. Then I copy the package tree to my install area after tar'ing up my old one.

I make changes to files in the package tree. Now I can use diff or guiffy between the clean tree and the working tree if I get in trouble and need to know what I did. And I can use this for making patches.

I then have a eCos project. That project creates two directories, one ending in _build and one ending in _install.

I cd to _build and do a:

make clean
make

I do this because the build from the eCos tool may not report errors. This prevents accidental use of old files.

Then I take my application project and do a clean to make sure the compiler does not make any mistakes with old object files, and compile everything. Then I debug.

If the question is about the code itself, others may know the code you are using as an example. I am only familiar with the Kinetis macros, and I am a bit of a newbie, so I have no authority when it comes to proper coding style and structure in eCos.

Mike