Re: Is eCosPro a fork of eCos?

Liam

On 28/03/13 14:40, Liam Knight wrote:

> Apologies for the wide distribution. Unfortunately the owner of the
> eCos group on the social media website I belong to does not believe in
> free speech and has censured my responses to the group. It appears
> that if you express an opinion that differs to his, he would classify
> it as off topic or abusive, as so moderate and censure it. Fortunately
> we live in a world of free speech so I would appreciate that members
> of this particular group on this list point the group to this email
> which shoould get archived somewhere here:
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2013-03/

You obviously feel very strongly about this. The discussion on LinkedIn
was veering off-topic and so I offered to call you and discuss. Many of
the things you are accusing me of are not correct. The LinkedIn forum is
indeed moderated. This is the first time I have ever considered it
appropriate to moderate a discussion.

For the record:

> John started a discussion topic about eCosCentric and whether eCosPro
> is a fork of eCos

In fact, I have responded to a direct question from you. I have not
mentioned forking at all!

> you appear to be saying you have excluded members of eCosCentric from
> membership of the group because eCosCentric have forked eCos

No, I am not saying that at all.

> Also, you infer from your last response to me on the group
> that you have spoken to eCosCentric and that they confirm your
> position that eCosPro is a fork is correct.

Liam, I cannot see how you can possibly infer that. I know for a fact,
that eCosCentric does not consider eCosPro to be a fork.

If you want to discuss whether eCosPro is a fork of eCos or not in a
public forum, go right ahead. But please don't put words into my mouth.

If you want to discuss why I think it is good to provide a networking
forum for professional users of the free and open source eCos RTOS,
let's arrange to talk.

John Dallaway