why did not enable interrupt before call pending dsr while not use interrupt stack

Hi all,
I see that enable interrupt before call pending dsr while we use interrupt stack, but I don't find anywhere do the same thing if we don't use interrupt stack via MACRO:CYGIMP_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_USE_INTERRUPT_STACK
If we don't enable interrupt before calling pending dsr, then calling simple synchronization methods like cyg_semaphore_post() in DSR would cause problem since the methods will be scheduling..
Anything wrong with my understanding?

Thanks a lot..
Best regards,
Randy