Re: Aw: Re: Re: Debugging via JTAG - problems?

On 25.04.2013 16:19, Lukas Riezler wrote:
> Hi Edgar!
>
>> - Be sure everything is compiled with -O0 (no optimization).
> So I have to add this flag at the global build options in the configuration tool?
>
>> - Be sure you have compiled the latest version of the source code.
> I have ecos installed like it is described here: http://ecos.sourceware.org/getstart.html
> Is this ecos source code the latest one? I know about the CVS but I thougt the only difference is that there are more ports listed.

I strongly advise you to switch to CVS. Although it is not a release it
is pretty much stable. eCos CVS is not a development repository but
rather a rolling release.

>> - Be sure you have loaded the elf file to the target (I assume it's a RAM application, isn't it?)
> Yes, it is a RAM application. But I selected JTAG as startup type in the configuration tool.
> But how can I get sure the elf file is loaded to the target? Sorry for my silly question :/

It would be best to start with configuration that only employs on-chip
memory. I do not know your configuration (CDL, memory layout) so I shall
talk in terms of Kinetis and STM32 port. They have SRAM startup type
that is intended for usage with JTAG. Provided that your controller has
enough internal RAM this is the simplest way to bring system to life and
JTAG should work from scratch. ROM startup that uses only on-chip ROM
ans RAM is almost equally easy provided that you have a tool to program
controller's flash.

To sum up try to build system with on-chip memory first.

Ilija