Re: Re: missing libmpfr1 in cygwin 64 bit installation

John is right, just use Cygwin 32-bit isntead of 64-bit. There might
be an issue with building in Windows with the newest TCL8.5 libary and
cygwin1.dll that use the same namespace.

This helped the colleagues having this problem recently:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9300722/cygwin-error-bash-fork-retry-resource-temporarily-unavailable

2013/8/22 John Dallaway <john@dallaway.org.uk>:
> Hi Stephen
>
> On 21/08/13 19:35, Stephen Finney wrote:
>
>> My latest computer is Windows 7 64 bit.  I installed 64 bit cygwin so that
>> I can continue developing my ecos project.  The "Installing Cygwin for use
>> with eCos" page specifically says to select libmpfr1 (and others).  But
>> the 64 bit cygwin installer only has libmpfr4.  I selected that package
>> and continued with the installation.
>>
>> After installing the arm-eabi cross compiler, I find that it will not run.
>> At a cygwin prompt, I typed "/op/ecos/gnutools/arm-eabi/bin/arm-eabi-gcc
>> -version" and got nothing back before a new prompt.  It seems that
>> libmpfr1 is required for the eCos toolchains to run.
>
> Yes, libmpfr1 is required.
>
>> Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?
>
> The Cygwin-hosted eCos toolchains were built before 64-bit Cygwin was
> available. These toolchains run just fine with a 32-bit Cygwin
> installation on 64-bit Windows 7 so, as a workaround, you might attempt
> a parallel installation of 32-bit Cygwin (including libmpfr1) on your
> new PC. It would be helpful to report back to this list.
>
> In the longer term, we will need to re-build the toolchains against
> libraries provided by 64-bit Cygwin.
>
> I hope this helps...
>
> John Dallaway
> eCos maintainer