Re: Zero Copy Networking

mohan lakshminarayan iyer wrote:
Respected Sir,
We are final year of Computer Engineering students of University of Pune,India. We would are interested in knowing more about eCos, if you could tell us some source where material on eCos, particularly with
respect to memory management & the network stack,
You have all the source, go for it :-). The net stack does have documentation. See http://www.vsr.si/ecos/ for example.

As for memory management. eCos generally just sets up the MMU in a simple way. There's no protection between threads (i.e. no processes) nor separate address spaces.

Although 3G Lab did some work on this for StrongARM: http://www.3glab.org/

> could be got it would
very helpful, also if you could tell us if Zero Copy Networking has been implemented we would be grateful to you.Thanking You in anticipation.
It hasn't.

Jifl