SNMP for FreeBSD

> a) A brief name by which we can all refer to the patch.

SNMP for FreeBSD

> b) A description of what the patch achieves or the problem which it
> addresses. No more than a few sentences.

This patch allows the SNMP code to work with the FreeBSD stack as well
as the OpenBSD stack.

> c) A rationale for including the patch in the 2.0 final release.

Currently the branch only supports SNMP with the OpenBSD stack. This
is no longer the default stack for 2.0b1. FreeBSD should become the
stack everyone uses, but if people want SNMP they are forced to use
the old stack. This patch touches the two snmp packages only. It does
have the risk of breaking the OpenBSD support for snmp :-(

> d) The patch itself, or a URL to the patch in the ecos-patches list archive.

cvs diff -D 2003-02-14 packages/net/snmp

Also, see the thread starting at
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2003-02/msg00177.html

> I would like the eCos maintainers to then have a maximum period of 2 days to
> debate before (hopefully) a consensus is reached. If consensus is not
> reached then a simple majority verdict among the maintainers should
> prevail.

Its unlikely i will have time to do anything till Tuesday, so take
your time.

        Andrew