Re: Making Jani Monoses a maintainer

Andrew Lunn wrote:
Hi Folks

Jifl mentioned a while back we should try to get more people
interested in being a maintainer....

I sounded out Jani Monoses to see if he would be interested in
maintaining lwip in the eCos tree. He said yes. He has had some
experience with maintain opens source code. He has commit rights to
lwip. So maintaining lwip in eCos should not be too big a problem for
him.

What do others think?

I'd support it. I think he can have free rein in the lwip tree, although obviously he has to be up to speed on things like licenses and. where relevant, assignments and so on. Outside of the lwip tree, I'd prefer checkin-after-approval only for the time being.

Jifl