Patch selection for porting configtool to wxwidgets2.6

eCos Maintainers,
   I am working on a project to remove all remaining dependencies on
wxwindows 2.4 from Ubuntu.  Looking through the eCos mailing lists, I
have encountered two candidate patches that would migrate the
configtool to wxwidgets2.6, as follows:

1)  http://www.xylanta.com/Content/Downloads/eCos/ct_wx260.zip from
Andy Jackson
2)  http://www.mr.inf.tu-dresden.de/eCos/ct060628.patch.gz from Lars Poeschel

   Neither appears to have been committed to CVS, and I wondered if
there were any specific problems with either patch implementation, and
also which might be a better starting point when applying a patch for
use in Ubuntu.

Thank you for your advice.

--
Emmet HIKORY