Question regarding patches

Hello Maintainers,

I submitted a patch about a week ago for the Via Rhine (10/100) driver [1001269]. There was a small bug that required a simple fix. I listed the patch under Ethernet, but now I'm wondering if I should have listed it under "Patches and Contributions"?

Am I following the correct procedures to get this patch into the CVS tree?
How long does it usually take to get a change into CVS? The reason I ask is that I'm planning a REDBOOT rhine package for IA32. I already have it working my office. I just wanted to see how my simple Rhine patch worked out before submitting a REDBOOT rhine package.

Ultimately, I want to release a new Via Velocity (Gigabit) ethernet driver for eCos. So, I'm getting my feet wet with some small changes first.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

--
Stephen Polkowski