This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: symtab.h: 2000-10-12 SYMBOL_INIT_DEMANGLED_NAME change, why ?
- To: dberlin at redhat dot com (Daniel Berlin)
- Subject: Re: symtab.h: 2000-10-12 SYMBOL_INIT_DEMANGLED_NAME change, why ?
- From: "Peter.Schauer" <Peter dot Schauer at regent dot e-technik dot tu-muenchen dot de>
- Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 21:55:14 MET DST
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
> There is no noticeable speed decrease due to this change.
> I originally thought the actual likely culprit is somewhere in the stabsreader, the
> SYMBOL_LANGUAGE not getting set in all cases.
> But it turned out the current file's language was language_unknown for
> some reason, at the point it wanted to set the symbol language.
> However, I couldn't follow all the codepaths to track this down, due
> to the gotos.
> I didn't feel like wasting any more time on it, so i just fixed the
> symptom, as you said.
I would be volunteering to `waste' more time on it, if you can provide
an example, as I'd rather like to fix the cause.
Peter Schauer firstname.lastname@example.org