This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
crasher in dwarf2loc.c
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>
- To: drow at mvista dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:50:56 -0700
- Subject: crasher in dwarf2loc.c
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
I've got a core dump coming from dwarf_expr_frame_base.
First you call get_frame_function, and then you immediately
use its return value. But get_frame_function can return zero,
so I think you need to check for zero before using it.
PS: more details: get_frame_block returns zero, because
frame_address_in_block returns a pc that is not in any block.
The crash occurs while running recurse.exp, when we have a
watchpoint on a local variable in an inner frame, and we
continue -- so I don't know the exact context; but I'm
willing to bet that it is trying to evaluate the local
variable after the stack frame has been destroyed.