This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Patch: fix gdb_gcore.sh failure in ash/dash
- From: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- To: qpan at mvista dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, drow at false dot org, qunyingpan at gmail dot com
- Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:18:56 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Patch: fix gdb_gcore.sh failure in ash/dash
- References: <432240C1.email@example.com>
> Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:11:13 -0700
> From: Qunying Pan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Running gdb_gcore.sh in ash/dash fails with message "Hangup detected on
> fd 0". The following patch fixes the problem. Acceptable?
This seems like a bug in ash/dash (whatever that is). Why isn't your
/bin/sh not a proper bourne shell?
I'm not inclined to apply this patch just because people link /bin/sh
to some random piece of crap. So I'd like to see somewhat more