This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] x86 CFI extensions
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- Cc: JBeulich at novell dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, rth at twiddle dot net
- Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:40:22 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] x86 CFI extensions
- References: <20050908154645.GN3966@smtp.west.cox.net> <43207BA30200007800024502@emea1-mh.id2.novell.com> <20050908161334.GP3966@smtp.west.cox.net> <43214D2D02000078000247B5@emea1-mh.id2.novell.com> <20050910055836.GA28662@twiddle.net> <4325448C0200007800024DF5@emea1-mh.id2.novell.com> <20050912074914.GA31047@twiddle.net> <432717DB.76F0.email@example.com> <20050917205939.GD8777@nevyn.them.org> <200509172231.j8HMVimO002293@elgar.sibelius.xs4all.nl>
On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 12:31:44AM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:59:39 -0400
> > From: Daniel Jacobowitz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > > 2005-09-13 Jan Beulich <email@example.com>
> > >
> > > * amd64-tdep.h (AMD64_FCTRL_REGNUM, AMD64_FSTAT_REGNUM,
> > > AMD64_MXCSR_REGNUM): New.
> > > * amd64-tdep.c (amd64_dwarf_regmap): Add eflags, selector regs,
> > > mxcsr, fp control and status words.
> > > * i386-tdep.c (): Add selector regs, mxcsr, fp control and
> > > status
> > > words.
> > Mark, did you want to take a look at this? It seems fine to me.
> Sorry, slipped through. Thanks for reminding me Daniel!
> Jan, what's the status new DWARF register numbers? At least the amd64
> ones look very Linux-specific to me. They're not listed in the AMD64
> ABI (at least not version 0.95), and AFAICT gcc won't produce them
They _weren't_ listed in the AMD64 ABI: they are now :-) Michael Matz
committed a patch to do this on Tuesday. I don't think a new PDF's
been made since, but you can find the CVS archive on x86-64.org.
GCC won't use them because GCC never puts anything in those registers
that it emits debug or unwind data for, to the best of my knowledge.
Is there any active authority for the DWARF numbering on i386?