This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Fully anchor mi_gdb_test expected results.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 21:42:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fully anchor mi_gdb_test expected results.
- References: <20050804142601.GC4054@white> <20050804143238.GA11996@nevyn.them.org> <20050804203704.GA4472@white> <20050804205747.GA22030@nevyn.them.org> <20050804211834.GD4472@white> <20050804224044.GB4931@white> <20050804224351.GA25174@nevyn.them.org> <20050804234959.GC4931@white> <20050918013154.GR8777@nevyn.them.org> <20050921012539.GA14775@white>
On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 09:25:39PM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> This has gone away in the new patch, tell me what you think. I had to
> modify several testcases, but only to get them to match the begin
> anchor. This of course passes the testsuite.
> With this change I think I'm only several lines away from syntax
> checking the testsuite. I'll try it out to see if anything's changed
> Bob Rossi
> RCS file: /cvs/src/src/gdb/testsuite/ChangeLog,v
> +2005-08-03 Bob Rossi <email@example.com>
> + * gdb.mi/mi-disassemble.exp, gdb.mi/mi2-disassemble.exp: Remove .*
> + from test. Escape the | in mi_gdb_test call.
> + * gdb.mi/mi-basics.exp, gdb.mi/mi-cli.exp, gdb.mi/mi-disassemble.exp,
> + gdb.mi/mi-pthreads.exp, gdb.mi/mi-stack.exp, gdb.mi/mi2-basics.exp,
> + gdb.mi/mi2-cli.exp, gdb.mi/mi2-disassemble.exp,
> + gdb.mi/mi2-pthreads.exp, gdb.mi/mi2-stack.exp: Add extra details to
> + expected regex's in mi_gdb_test calls.
> + * lib/mi-support.exp: Remove arbitrary .* from tests.
> + (mi_gdb_test): Add string_regex variable. Add anchor to main -re.
> + Fully anchor GDB/MI expected results in mi_gdb_test.
> + * lib/gdb.exp (string_to_regexp): Escape the ] character.
> + * gdb.base/sizeof.exp: Remove escape character. Correct test.
Looks good to me. This is OK. Could you make sure to update the
copyright years in any of these files which weren't changed in 2005?
Only one I see offhand is sizeof.exp but I did not check them all.