This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Build arm-elf-gdb on mingw host
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Dave Murphy <wintermute2k4 at ntlworld dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 06:46:10 +0300
- Subject: Re: [patch] Build arm-elf-gdb on mingw host
- References: <4337317B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 00:23:39 +0100
> From: Dave Murphy <email@example.com>
> When building the bfd/doc directory under mingw/msys chew.c converts
> line endings to crlf. I've patched so the files are read as binary,
> preventing this conversion.
Why? What's wrong with having the output from chew have CRLF line
endings on Windows?
> SIGTRAP isn't defined in the MinGW headers, I patched remote-sim.c to
> define this if it's not defined.
I don't think this is a good idea. It is much better (and widely
practiced) to #ifdef away portions of code that use SIGTRAP, like
... code that depends on SIGTRAP ...