This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: PR threads/2015: Fix adjust_pc_after_break for thread debugging
- From: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- To: schwab at suse dot de
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 00:18:43 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: PR threads/2015: Fix adjust_pc_after_break for thread debugging
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> X-From_: email@example.com Wed Sep 28 00:10:41 2005
> From: Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 00:10:18 +0200
> adjust_pc_after_break is doing the wrong thing during thread debugging
> when the current thread is different from the thread when the debuggee was
> stopped last. The problem is that it calls currently_stepping, which
> accesses global variables that are part of the thread context. But the
> context switch will only happen much later on. The proposed fix will skip
> the call when the current infrun context does not match the thread to be
> examined. This has been tested on x86_64-suse-linux and fixes 32
> testcases without any regressions.
I'd really like to see this tested on some more systems though,
especially on systems where adjust_pc_after_break is a no-op and
systems with software single-step.
I can run a few tests later this week if you want.