This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: PR threads/2015: Fix adjust_pc_after_break for thread debugging
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:19:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: PR threads/2015: Fix adjust_pc_after_break for thread debugging
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 12:10:18AM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> adjust_pc_after_break is doing the wrong thing during thread debugging
> when the current thread is different from the thread when the debuggee was
> stopped last. The problem is that it calls currently_stepping, which
> accesses global variables that are part of the thread context. But the
> context switch will only happen much later on. The proposed fix will skip
> the call when the current infrun context does not match the thread to be
> examined. This has been tested on x86_64-suse-linux and fixes 32
> testcases without any regressions.
Which test failures are these? i.e. why doesn't anyone else see this
when they run the testsuite?
Offhand I'd be suspicious that this helped - some other thread probably
needs its PC adjusted and now may not be.