This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Fully anchor mi_gdb_test expected results.
- From: Bob Rossi <bob at brasko dot net>
- To: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:40:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fully anchor mi_gdb_test expected results.
- References: <20050804143238.GA11996@nevyn.them.org> <20050804203704.GA4472@white> <20050804205747.GA22030@nevyn.them.org> <20050804211834.GD4472@white> <20050804224044.GB4931@white> <20050804224351.GA25174@nevyn.them.org> <20050804234959.GC4931@white> <20050918013154.GR8777@nevyn.them.org> <20050921012539.GA14775@white> <20050926014218.GE22284@nevyn.them.org>
On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 09:42:18PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 09:25:39PM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> > This has gone away in the new patch, tell me what you think. I had to
> > modify several testcases, but only to get them to match the begin
> > anchor. This of course passes the testsuite.
> > With this change I think I'm only several lines away from syntax
> > checking the testsuite. I'll try it out to see if anything's changed
> > recently.
> > Bob Rossi
> > RCS file: /cvs/src/src/gdb/testsuite/ChangeLog,v
> > +2005-08-03 Bob Rossi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > +
> > + * gdb.mi/mi-disassemble.exp, gdb.mi/mi2-disassemble.exp: Remove .*
> > + from test. Escape the | in mi_gdb_test call.
> > + * gdb.mi/mi-basics.exp, gdb.mi/mi-cli.exp, gdb.mi/mi-disassemble.exp,
> > + gdb.mi/mi-pthreads.exp, gdb.mi/mi-stack.exp, gdb.mi/mi2-basics.exp,
> > + gdb.mi/mi2-cli.exp, gdb.mi/mi2-disassemble.exp,
> > + gdb.mi/mi2-pthreads.exp, gdb.mi/mi2-stack.exp: Add extra details to
> > + expected regex's in mi_gdb_test calls.
> > + * lib/mi-support.exp: Remove arbitrary .* from tests.
> > + (mi_gdb_test): Add string_regex variable. Add anchor to main -re.
> > + Fully anchor GDB/MI expected results in mi_gdb_test.
> > + * lib/gdb.exp (string_to_regexp): Escape the ] character.
> > + * gdb.base/sizeof.exp: Remove escape character. Correct test.
> Looks good to me. This is OK. Could you make sure to update the
> copyright years in any of these files which weren't changed in 2005?
> Only one I see offhand is sizeof.exp but I did not check them all.
Thanks Daniel, I appreciate it. I added the copyright dates and
committed the patch. Also, I thought it might be nice to hear, the
MI is still syntactically correct!
This means I can continue nicely, without any distractions at this