This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Decimal Floating Point support for GDB (Part 1: patch)
- From: Wu Zhou <woodzltc at cn dot ibm dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:14:15 +0800 (CST)
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Decimal Floating Point support for GDB (Part 1: patch)
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > + default:
> > + error ("There is no decimal floating point of length %d", len);
> Please make sure all the message strings are in _(). We are planning
> to introduce intl support to GDB some day.
Thanks for your comment. I will incoporate this into the next version. Any
other comments on this patch?
BTW, I have two other questions:
1. If this patch is accepted, do we also need any document? IMO, maybe
gdb user manual needed to be updated to reflect this feature. But I am
not sure which section? What about gdb internal? Do we need to update
2. As you might know, dfp for gcc is also under development. And my patch
depends on the availablity of that? How did gdb handle this kind of
situation before? Did we need to wait until dfp is ready for gcc?
Thanks and Best Regards
- Wu Zhou