This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Add support for locally modified environment variables for windows-nat.c
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:55:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Add support for locally modified environment variables for windows-nat.c
- References: <000601cbff45$66fa5820$34ef0860$@firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
On Apr 20 12:26, Pierre Muller wrote:
> A while ago
> Sebastian Puebla submitted a patch for
> support of locally modified environment variables.
> Nevertheless, I suspect that his patch would not have worked for Cygwin,
> because Cygwin converts several environment variables
> from windows style to POSIX style.
Do you suspect or did you actually test it? What you're trying to
accomplish is actually the task of the
call right before calling CreateProcess. This allows to keep the actual
underlying details of the environment handling entirely in the hands of
Cygwin. Especially copying an internal list of env vars from Cygwin
into GDB makes me very uncomfortable since this is bound to break as
soon as we decide to handle things a bit different in Cygwin.
Of course it's cgf's call, but I don't think this is the right thing to
do. If this is actually broken, it's the cygwin_internal(CW_SYNC_WINENV)
implementation in Cygwin which should be fixed, rather than GDB going
out of its way to emulate what happens in Cygwin internally.
Cygwin Project Co-Leader