gdb/198: redirect output using (gdb) >>FILE <command>

Per Bothner writes:

Kevin Buettner <kevinb@cygnus.com> writes:

> I think it'd be nice to provide a more general solution.  I.e, I think
> it'd be nice if GDB had a facility whereby output from subsequent
> commands would be redirected to a file.

It might be nice to have a stateless option.  For example using a
variant of the standard shell syntax for appending to a file:
(gdb) >>FILENAME COMMAND
For example:
(gdb) >>/tmp/foo x/10000x 0x01000

Though it is also useful for it to span mutliple commands.  One could
so that if there is no command:
(gdb) >>FILENAME

--

Cagney writes:

It does have an effect on the syntax.  The commands:
(gdb) >>FILE print 1+ 2
(gdb) print 1 + 2 >>FILE
are very different

--