Re: gdb/338: gcore.exp started failing

The following reply was made to PR gdb/338; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: kettenis@chello.nl
To: geoffk@redhat.com
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/338: gcore.exp started failing
Date: 4 Feb 2002 21:09:41 -0000

    Date: 4 Feb 2002 17:26:21 -0000
    From: geoffk@redhat.com

    I suspect this change:

    2002-01-19  Mark Kettenis  <kettenis@gnu.org>

 	   * i386gnu-nat.c: Include "i386-tdep.h".
 	   (fetch_fpregs): Simplify code dealing with uninitialized floating
 	   point states such that it doesn't require FP7_REGNUM.

    but have not tried backing it out to see if the problem goes away.

 That's not very likely :-) since i386gnu-nat.c isn't used on Linux.
 It's more likely that the following change is the culprit:

 2002-01-14  Michael Snyder  <msnyder@redhat.com>

 	* linux-proc.c (linux_do_thread_registers): Ignore fpxregs
 	until we can resolve portability issues.
 	* gregset.h: Remove references to fpxregs.
 	* gcore.c (gcore_command): Initialize note_sec to NULL.

 The SSE registers are no longer saved in the generated core, and upon
 We should probably XFAIL that test for i?86-*-linux-gnu*.  Or we
 should correctly implement generic handling of extended registers sets
 in GDB.

 Mark