Re: gdb/521: gdb hangs when setting breakpoints, infinite loop in finish_cv_type

The following reply was made to PR gdb/521; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mike Van Emmerik <emmerik@itee.uq.edu.au>
To: nobody@sources.redhat.com, mitch@lbcons.net, gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com,
   gdb-prs@sources.redhat.com?Subject=Re, gdb@itee.uq.edu.au,
   infinite@itee.uq.edu.au, loop@itee.uq.edu.au, gdb/521@itee.uq.edu.au
Subject: Re: gdb/521: gdb hangs when setting breakpoints, infinite loop in finish_cv_type
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 16:00:20 +1000

 http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=521

 This problem (infinite loop, as described in problem report 521) also
 affects my project. If my sysadmin applied the patch correctly (he's
 pretty good), then this patch doesn't fix my problem.

 We have plenty of long mangled names (mainly from strings; those sure
 mangle to a long name), so that is the only clue that I have.

 I just tried a quick test program with a map from string to string in
 it; that didn't provoke the bug.

 I might make a copy and try a binary search type of technique... not
 trivial. As it is, gdb is totally useless for my project.

 - Mike