Re: symtab/1195: no local symbol information within nested or nesting procedures

The following reply was made to PR symtab/1195; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jorge Stolfi <stolfi@ic.unicamp.br>
To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com>
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: symtab/1195: no local symbol information within nested or nesting procedures
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 15:58:43 -0300

 Daniel Jacobowitz writes:

   > Please get a CVS snapshot and try again? This sounds like the
   > DW_AT_ranges problem recently fixed.

 I finally got around to fetching the current CVS snapshot (20030524) and
 compiling it.

 The current GDB apparently solves only half of the problem. If you step
 through the tiny sample program that was attached to my original message,
 you will see that

   - when inside the "nested" function, gdb now correctly displays
     the arguments and local variables of that function;

   - when inside the "subproc" function, gdb displays neither the
     symbols of that function, nor the symbols of the enclosing
     function ("nested").

 --stolfi