pending/1239: Inferior function call command set

>Number:         1239
>Category:       pending
>Synopsis:       Inferior function call command set
>Confidential:   yes
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   unknown
>Arrival-Date:   Sun Jun 08 19:58:00 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:
>Release:
 Hello,

 GDB has a number of commands for controlling the behavior of inferior
 function calls (developers think of them as call dummies).  Looking in
 "infcall.c" I find:

 	set/show coerce-float-to-double yes|no
 	set/show unwindonsignal yes|no

 And I'm now looking to add a third:

 	set/show call-location on-stack|at-start|auto

 So:

 - anyone got a better name for this new command?

 - should these be re-grouped into a set of sub commands vis:

 	set/show call coerce-float-to-double yes|no
 	set/show call unwind-on-signal yes|no
 	set/show call breakpoint-location on-stack|at-entry|auto

 I'm figuring that "(gdb) set call" should provide a rough correspondance
 to the existing "(gdb) call" command.

 Comment away ...

 Andrew

 PS: Yes, this means that I've got a target using generic dummy frames
 where the return breakpoint is on the stack.

 PPS: While it doesn't currently work, it should be possible to make
 on-stack function when the stack has no-execute set.  It would lead to a
 SIGSEG (instead of a SIGTRAP) which GDB should then map onto a breakpoint.