Re: macros/726: Internal GDB errors with current GDB snapshots and -gdwarf2-3

The following reply was made to PR macros/726; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andris Pavenis <pavenis@latnet.lv>
To: mec@shout.net, ac131313@redhat.com, gdb-prs@sources.redhat.com,
   mec@shout.net, nobody@sources.redhat.com, pavenis@latnet.lv,
   gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: macros/726: Internal GDB errors with current GDB snapshots and -gdwarf2-3
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:02:26 +0300

 On Thursday 18 September 2003 03:15, mec@shout.net wrote:
 > Synopsis: Internal GDB errors with current GDB snapshots and -gdwarf2-3
 >
 > Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->chastain
 > Responsible-Changed-By: chastain
 > Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Sep 18 00:15:02 2003
 > Responsible-Changed-Why:
 >     Mine.
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 > State-Changed-By: chastain
 > State-Changed-When: Thu Sep 18 00:15:02 2003
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >
 >     Hi Andris,
 >
 >     I am writing to you about a gdb pr regarding macros.
 >
 >     In February 2003, you reported that this problem no longer happened
 > with gcc 3.3 snapshot.  Would you be able to try it once more with a
 > released gcc, such as gcc 3.3 or gcc 3.3.1, and let us know if the problem
 > is fixed in the released version of gcc?

 Have not had time to study this in detail, but today I saw similar problem
 when trying to run under debugger one old programm. Original sample from my
 original bug report earlier contained C++ includes in first 2 lines. It's
 possible that earlier problem were no more triggered when I tried GCC-3.3-pre
 due to changes in C++ headers.

 Today the problem was similar (GCC-3.3.1 build for i586-pc-msdosdjgpp, GDB-5.3
 built for the same target), but this time it's surely not related to -imacros
 option, as it happens when 2 my .h files are included at specified lines
 (moving them by one line causes problem to disappear). Unfortunatelly I
 cannot reproduce that under Linux, as
 this application and remaining header files are too DJGPP specific.

 Perhaps I should patch gdb/macrotab.c to dump debugging information in case of
 error, to get more detailed information, but I don't know when I'll find time
 for that

 Andris