Re: c++/432: demangler infinite loops while loading program

Synopsis: demangler infinite loops while loading program

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: chastain
State-Changed-When: Thu Nov 27 06:05:28 2003
State-Changed-Why:

    Hello,

    I am working through the backlog of gdb bugs and I found your bug report for the gdb demangler with gdb 5.1.1.

    I reproduced the bug with gdb 5.1.1.  The demangler does get into a loop in demangle_arm_hp_template where it gets confused and makes no progress.

    This bug was fixed in gdb 5.2.  The demangler does not succeed in demangling, but it explicitly checks whether it makes progress and explicitly fails out if it is not making progress.

    I am closing this bug report now.

    Michael C
    GDB QA Guy

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=432