Re: backtrace/1476: Empty stack.

The following reply was made to PR backtrace/1476; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Kettenis <kettenis@gnu.org>
To: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: backtrace/1476: Empty stack.
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:54:28 +0100 (CET)

 Peters analysis is correct.  Since a zero function pointer call isn't
 such a weird thing to happen, I think we should fix this.  I've been
 looking into this and the problem is that the new frame code is
 treating a zero PC as the end of the stack frame.  We'll have to teach
 GDB not to do so in certain cases.  I've got a fix for this bug, but
 I'd like to discuss it with Andrew first.

 Since the origional reporter isn't particular helpful, I'm going to
 treat Peters analysis as the bug description.