c++/1511: lookup_transparent_type sometimes fails in presence of classes in namespaces

>Number:         1511
>Category:       c++
>Synopsis:       lookup_transparent_type sometimes fails in presence of classes in namespaces
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Jan 14 18:08:00 UTC 2004
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     carlton@bactrian.org
>Release:        2004-01-14-cvs
lookup_transparent_type can have problems with nested
classes: given a class B nested inside a namespace A,
then, if the compiler doesn't generate DW_TAG_namespace,
the debug info will claim that the class is named
B instead of A::B.  If we have a full definition for
A::B, we can figure out the correct name by looking
at mangled names of methods; if we only have an
abstract declaration, though, then we think that
the class is just named 'B', and lookup_transparent_type
has no way of finding the full definition (which we
correctly call A::B).

I can't think of anything we can do about this.