threads/1597: Get SIGKILL when any breakpoint is hit in a thread or callback.

>Number:         1597
>Category:       threads
>Synopsis:       Get SIGKILL when any breakpoint is hit in a thread or callback.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          test-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Mar 25 01:28:00 UTC 2004
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Les Roosa
>Release:        GNU GDB 6.0
The problem is that I have a multi-threaded program that crashes when I hit a break point in a thread. When I hit a break point I get the message "Program terminated with a signal SIGKILL, Killed." The program no longer exists.

At one time I was able to set break points in the threads but I added a lot of new components to my system and this error began appearing. I was originally on an older version of GDB but upgraded due to this error.

This is a staticly linked program that uses libpcap and one of the crash points is in a pcap callback function, which I assume runs on the pcap thread. I also have another application thread that also crashes upon hitting a break point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide any system or application information that you may need.

Thanks,

Les Roosa
Promia, Inc