remote/1723: m68k-dBUG target download program times out

>Number:         1723
>Category:       remote
>Synopsis:       m68k-dBUG target download program times out
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jul 29 22:28:01 UTC 2004
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Mike Lavender
>Release:        gdb 6.1
After issuing a "load" command using the m68k dBUG target, gdb times out.  The problem is due to sending two extra '\r's in "load_srec" in dsrec.c.  In Monitor.c "monitor_load" after sending the srec is only expecting one prompt, but in the m68k-dBUG monitor it will get three prompts due to the extra '\r's.  So when the next command to write the program counter is executed some characters can get lost if the remote target is still busy with the '\r's.  This then causes the system to get out of synch an time out.
>How-To-Repeat:
1. Start GDB
2. Select target dbug DEV (configure gdb with m68k-elf-dbug)
3. load
4. Sometimes it will load other times it will time out.

I am using it at 115200 baud on COM 1 (/dev/ttyS0) on WinXP Home and Cygwin.
>Fix:
Either don't send the extra '\r's after downloading the srec or expect three prompts.

Comment mentions that only some target monitors require the '\r's - Well dBUG is not one of them!