Re: gdb/2188: gdb 6.5 -- internal error with "-var-update *" command

The following reply was made to PR gdb/2188; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Greg Watson <g.watson@computer.org>
To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
Cc: Clement Chu <clement.chu@infotech.monash.edu.au>,
 gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/2188: gdb 6.5 -- internal error with "-var-update *" command
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 22:36:42 -0700

 Daniel,

 CVS doesn't build on FC6. I get a whole lot of warnings like "p-
 valprint.c: warning: 'tmp_objstack.alloc_failed' may be used
 uninitialized" which cause the build to fail. However I did manage to
 build one of the 6.6 snapshots. Using this version I no longer see
 the assertion for the argc issue, so it appears to have been fixed in
 the later release.

 BTW, I've confirmed that the bug is present when compiling with gcc
 4.1.0, but not gcc 4.0.3, so it appears to be a 4.1 bug.

 Regards,

 Greg