Re: threads/2256: gdbserver thread

The following reply was made to PR threads/2256; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
To: Royal-ts@gmx.de
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: threads/2256: gdbserver thread
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:12:23 -0400

 On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 01:00:36PM -0000, Royal-ts@gmx.de wrote:
 > I tried to debug a simple multithread program on a remote computer and i cant see the second thread. This second thread is still running.. i can see the "-" at the remote computer but "info threads" show only one thread.
 > If i run the server and the gdb at the same machine everything works great.
 > I also tried other combinations like a Windows (Eclipse) pc for debugging and the debian as gdbserver... and the other remote pc as gdb server and the debian for debugging a suse gdbserver.. evertyhing with the same result:
 > When i debug over the network i cant see my both threads..

 From the current manual:

 On the host machine,
     first make sure you have the necessary symbol files. Load symbols
     for your application using the file command before you
     connect. Use set sysroot to locate target libraries (unless your
     GDB was compiled with the correct sysroot using
     --with-system-root).

     The symbol file and target libraries must exactly match the
     executable and libraries on the target, with one exception: the
     files on the host system should not be stripped, even if the files
     on the target system are. Mismatched or missing files will lead to
     confusing results during debugging. On GNU/Linux targets,
     mismatched or missing files may also prevent gdbserver from
     debugging multi-threaded programs.

 Does this help?  If you're using a released version of GDB, the
 command will be "set solib-absolute-prefix" instead of set sysroot.

 --
 Daniel Jacobowitz
 CodeSourcery