Re: gdb-980122 and breakpoints

Peter.Schauer writes:
> This might be caused by the stabs added via your perl script, which
> might trick GDB into believing that there is a function with a prologue
> at _start, in which case GDB tries to set the breakpoint past the prologue.
>
> You should be able to set the desired breakpoint via `b *_start', please
> let me know if that doesn't work.

Thanks for the insight.  "b *_start" does indeed place the breakpoint
at the correct address.  I hadn't realized that it was a preamble
issue.

Is there a better stab to use to indicate to gdb that the function is
one that has no preable?

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
	  Never trust a program you don't have sources for.