Re: 4.17.85 Feedback

>   > Since I need some features like x87 FPU, hardware watchpoint and
>   > thread support under Linux, I cannot use gdb 4.17.85 as is for
>   > Linux. I will make a patch after gdb 4.18 is released.
> Hardware watchpoints have been in gdb for years.  What precisely do you
> think is wrong with them?  I use them on linux regularly.

There are several problems. A very annoying one:

1. Create 4 watchponts watching 4 different values.
2. Check if they are hardware and they work.
3. Delete all 4 watchponts.
4. Create another 4 watchponts watching 4 different values.
5. Check if they are hardware and they work.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)