Re: 4.17.85 Feedback

> However, like your egcs work, you've failed to actually include the patch
> to fix the problem.  If you fail to include the patch, then there's little
> chance it will get reviewed, must less installed.  It may be the case that
> the patch is mostly OK and would just need minor work, or it may be totally
> wrong.  But since you didn't include the patch nobody actually knows.
>
> Again, I recommend you extract the changes and submit them.   Just sending
> the ChangeLog entry is almost useless and does absolutely nothing to improve
> GNU software.

The reasons I only included the ChangeLog entries are

1. It takes time to extract those changes.
2. I want to give some ideas about what I touched.
3. People can take a look at those changed files to
see if they are comfortable to evaluate my patches.

BTW, I will work with jimb@cygnus.com on my changes.

Thanks.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)