Re: gdb4-17.86 build issues on HP-UX 10.20 and 11.0

   Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 14:04:37 -0800
   From: Mike Vermeulen <mev@hpclhayb.cup.hp.com>

   I built on HP-UX and ran into four issues in building gdb.  Two of them
   I had previously also reported against 4.17.85 and two are new in 4.17.86:

	   1. sim/Makefile.in has a commented out line that confuses our Make.
	      This is patch.01, and was also previously reported against 4.17.85.

Sorry about overlooking this, I just patched up the 4.18 branch, so it will
definitely be in the next (and last I hope) snap.

	   2. gdb/remote.c and gdb/target.c mixes C prototypes and old-style
	      functions with parameter types that are not the same when
	      default argument promotions are applied.  This is patch.02 and
	      was also previously reported against 4.17.85.

This is Andrew Cagney's area, I've pinged him about this.

	   3. gdb/infttrace.c, the function proc_wait was renamed, but looks
	      like this file was skipped.  This is patch.03 and is new in 4.17.86.

I expect Michael Snyder will jump on this when he sees the report.

	   4. gdb/jv-lang.h mixes C prototypes and old-style functions with
	      parameter types that are not same when default argument promotions
	      are applied.  This is the same problem as #2, but new in 4.17.86.

I'm testing this one right now.  Thanks for finding it!

								Stan