Problems with the new GDB repository source

Jason,

Two issues / problems with the latest snapshot (of the public CVS
repository):

1) It seems like the tree structure uses the 4.18 structure.  Old files
   which have since been removed in the GDB source (up to the 2/4
   snapshot) are popping up again.  And some new files were removed in
   the 2/6 tree.  Examples are:
   - old files popping up again
     ./gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/README,*.u,crossload.exp,
     ./gdb/tui/Makefile, ...
   - new files disappearing:
     ./libiberty/testsuite, ./texinfo/doc, ...

   I hope this can be fixed ASAP.

2) What was the procedure to determine which version of a file to use,
   for things under bfd/, include/, etc.???

   It looks like HP_LANGUAGE_FORTRAN, a macro defined in the 2/4
   snapshot of include/hp-symtab.h, is now no where to be found -- since
   the binutils version of include/ is used (and just a blanket cp -r
   ???).

   While we can submit a patch to add this back in, I'm really curious
   to know how confident we are when we just take whatever binutils/
   have and erase gdb's -- since it does look like no attention was paid
   to introduce the changes in the gdb version into the binutils
   version, before the binutils version was adopted, it does look like a
   big problem when it comes to trusting the new public repository for
   GDB development.

   What's the plan to resolve this?  If necessary I can help by
   providing the diffs for things that have been erased due to this
   recent adpotion of binutils source -- but I guess you will be able to
   do this anyway with some cvs op.

- Jimmy