Re: GDB snapshot 2000-02-04--the last one--is now available

GDB-gurus,

Downloading and building this latest snapshot on my i386 SuSE 6.3 Linux box, I found
no way of debugging an application which uses the pthread library. I am running
a 2.2.13 kernel and glibc 2.1.2.

All the threads get started but seem to hang in a function called __sigsuspend
in ...sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sigsuspend.c

hitting continue or finish did not do any good. The main window of my app never comes
up, while its working fine when let run without gdb.

Is there a set-up, maybe using attach, to get this to be useful?

Please help. Don't want to spend my time on a UNIX system with fprintf() and
the like.

Thank you for hints,

        thomas
Thomas Mittelstaedt, IT-Consultant