Re: gdb, native i686-pc-linux-gnu

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:15:36 -0500 (EST), mec.gnu@mindspring.com (Michael Elizabeth Chastain) said:

> This is the last spin for gdb carlton_dictionary-branch.  This
> branch shows one remaining improvement in gdb/jmisc.exp which is not
> merged into gdb HEAD.

Thanks for remininding me about that one.  I briefly looked into that
one a few months ago: what was going on was that I'd inadvertently
broken the Java code in linespec, but GCJ's debug info is so screwy
that GDB got a better result (in that instance) by falling back onto
using minimal symbols (which is what happened after my breakage)
instead of using the actual symbols!  And that's one area where the
version of the code on mainline differed significantly from the code
on my branch, which is why we don't see it here.

David Carlton
carlton@kealia.com