gdb 4.17 on powerpc-ibm-aix4.2.1.0 fails

Env: gdb 4.17 on our PowerPC AIX 4.2,

Hello,

  I have this test program:

#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  printf("%s\n", argv[0]);
  return 0;
}

  I compile it either by gcc or vendor's cc using
  following commands: (gcc = egcs 1.1 or gcc 2.8)

cc -g -o test test.c
gcc -g -o test test.c
gcc -ggdb -o test test.c

  But when I try tu start gdb on result, it always fails:

GNU gdb 4.17
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "powerpc-ibm-aix4.2.1.0"...
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x100001f0: file test.c, line 5.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /home4/users/crypt/src/test/test
warning: Symbol file /home4/users/crypt/src/test/test
is not mapped; discarding it.
If in fact that file has symbols which the mapped files listed by
"info files" lack, you can load symbols with the "symbol-file" or
"add-symbol-file" commands (note that you must take care of relocating
symbols to the proper address).
Error in re-setting breakpoint 1:
Function "main" not defined.
(no debugging symbols found)...Error in re-setting breakpoint 1:
Function "main" not defined.
Error in re-setting breakpoint 1:
Function "main" not defined.
Error in re-setting breakpoint 1:
Function "main" not defined.
Error in re-setting breakpoint 1:
Function "main" not defined.

  Am I doing something wrong, or I have found bug ?
  (gdb was build in obvious was = ./configure && make install)

Thank you very much

Martin

--
Martin Krumpolec <krumpo@pobox.sk>