Anonymous cvs password

There has been some confusion about the password for

:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.gnu.org:/gd/gnu/anoncvsroot

To the best of my knowlege, the password up until about two or three
weeks ago was anoncvs; somehow it was changed to the empty password.
I don't know why it changed; if you know, please send me mail.

In any case, I think it's best at this point to leave it blank.

I think the gcc2 list has been notified about the change, but if you
know of people who are accessing anonymous cvs on the gnu.org
machines, please tell them this.  Please also remember that the list
you see mentioned in the to: field of this message should not be
mentioned in other contexts, so please nuke both that header and this
paragraph before forwrading this message.  You might also want to
remove other extraenous text.