Unknown type reported on Solaris x86 for char[xxx]

This could be a problem with egcs/gcc,  but it manifests itself in gdb,
therefore I present it here in hope of someone cross-referencing it if
needed.

I work on Solaris x86 with egcs 1.1.2 and gdb 4.17. (The same behavior is
evident with gdb 4.18.) I also have a Linux workstation. The following code
produces different results:

Class A
{
public:
   char m_char[25];
};

int main()
{
   A a;
   return 0;
}

I load this program in gdb and break on main. When I issue "ptype b" command
in gdb, on Solaris I get the following output:

*	ptype a
struct A {
   <unknown type>
};